We Have Cookies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you have account trouble...

Go down

If you have account trouble... Empty If you have account trouble...

Post  frostedtim Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:05 am

So I missed out on the early access to the game because of an issue with the security questions for my account. Resetting your password is easy, but the security questions are not. Because of some glitch the answers to my security questions were being rejected.
Because the game is still new (and as of this writing, in pre-launch), getting customer service help will require a master Jedi level of patience and iron will. To fix a security question issue currently requires you to call the customer service line (1-855-467-9867). Filling out the web form will get you an email sent to you a few hours later telling you that you have to call.
When I wasnt getting a message stating that I should call back later due to high call volume, I was put on hold for long periods of time. The only time that seems to even get me that far is waiting till after 11pm Pacific time. Usually I would have to hang up and call again a different night because of my work schedule, or it was just too frackin late and I needed sleep. I finally got a customer service rep on my last call after almost three hours on hold.
Thanks to the helpful Indian customer service rep, who's accent was not too thick to understand, I did eventually get my account unlocked and was able to verify all of my security info. Not that any of it changed or anything... Im not bitter......

While I download the twenty plus gigabytes of game client, I figured I would post this to give everybody an idea of what to expect from the SWTOR customer service. I also thought I would add a few bits, though it may be obvious, to help you out in order to avoid the experience I just had.

1) Write down your password and keep it safe. We should all know this, but not everybody does it. Getting it reset isnt hard though.
2) Write down the Security Questions and Answers for your account. Make sure you note even the case sensitivity. It is not flexible.
3) Dont panic. It is only a game.
4) Seriously... Dont panic. I was starting to freak out, and it is stress that just is not worth it.

And now for my much needed beauty rest. If you have things to add here, please reply away.

May the Force be with you, because I will be eating your cookies!

FrostedTim

frostedtim

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum